Choc Raspberry Hot Cross Bun Layer Cake
07 Apr 2020
A match made in heaven – Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns and raspberries! A delicious and impressive way to celebrate Easter with your friends and family!
- 9 Bakers Delight Choc Chip Hot Cross Buns
- 600ml thickened cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 250g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Line a 20cm springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Cut each Hot Corss Bun in half crossway and put 6 tops to the sidefor topping the cake.
- Place 6 Hot Cross Bun bases intothe base of the prepared pan.
- Place the cream and icing sugar into a large bowl and whip to soft peak consistency. Spoon half of the cream over the buns that are in the pan and layer with half of the raspberries.
- Continue layering the buns, cream and raspberries before finaly topping with the tops you set aside earlier.
- Place the cake in the fridge to set for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the cke from the pan before serving.
Recipe from Baker's Delight